OEM Optical Couplers
Optec Incorporated has designed and manufactured many custom and OEM production electro-optical devices for over 20 years. Our specialty is the creation of couplers for telescopes, microscopes, illumination/filter and detector systems in the visible and near IR. We have special technology, experience and resources that allow us to design and manufacture innovative and cost-effective products in these areas. Optec also has the complete manufacturing tools to produce whatever quantity of OEM products that you need. Call us today for a formal quote.
Optec has the experience and tools to do the job
- Zemax optical design program capability
- SolidWorks Design Software with full 3-D capability
- Feature CAM for machine programming - Optec is a beta test site for Feature CAM
- Haas turning center with 10 tool changer
- Haas mill center with 20 tool changer, 4-axis and rigid tapping
- Coordinate measuring engine capable of 0.0001 inch resolution
- Versa Laser engraving and cutting capability
- In-house Presto Black process for blackening internal brass parts of couplers
- Long standing relationships with domestic and off-shore optics producers
- Working relationships with experienced optical designers to supplement our own capability
- Experienced technicians and instrument/optical assemblers on staff
Optec, Inc. supplies Diagnostic Instruments of Sterling Heights, Michigan, with designs and optical sub-assemblies for their line of camera to microscope couplers. The products offered by Optec vary from simple 3-element achromatic systems to complex 10-element apochromatic designs for special microscope applications.