FocusLynx TEC with DirectSync
Direct Drive Focus Motor for the TEC Large Focuser
Important Note: TEC has discontinued the native TEC Large Focuser and is currently shipping new TEC OTA's with the FeatherTouch FTF3545 focuser. However, Optec will continue to offer this customized motor solution for this focuser. See the FocusLynx FT40 kit for motorizing the FTF3545 focuser for large TEC telescopes.
The FocusLynx DirectSync TEC system is an aftermarket add-on for the TEC Large Focuser and includes the FocusLynx focus controller and new DirectSync digital motor with built-in temperature sensor. The new DirectSync motor provides a direct drive motor that can be easily disengaged for manual focusing. The DirectSync motor kit is easy to install and provides a digital focusing solution that also allows manual focus when at the telescope. For a detailed explanation of the FocusLynx System, please download and read the FocusLynx FT Whitepaper.
DirectSync TEC Motor for the TEC focuser
The FocusLynx DirectSync TEC package was designed especially for the TEC native focuser and offers greater positional repeatability than the original QuickSync TEC package. With a direct gearing system that leaves the planetary reduction assembly and unique tensioning system intact, DirectSync can achieve greater positional repeatability and carry imaging camera packages in excess of 12kg (27-lbs).
Coupled with the FocusLynx controller, DirectSync can be used in both manual and automatic focusing modes. Fully ASCOM compliant, FocusLynx Commander software works in conjunction with higher level client software such as FocusMax and Maxim D/L as well as CCDSoft and TheSky X to provide auto-focusing for a wide variety of manual focusers.
- Motor Housing Width: 1.9" (48mm)
- Overall Length: 3.35" (85mm)
- Weight: 5.2 oz (150 g)
- Step Resolution: 1.25 micron per step
- Stepper Motor: Bi-polar NPM 15-ohm with 1:25 gearhead
- Connection to FocusLynx: Standard Ethernet cable (included)
- Temperature Probe: Integrated Digital Sensor type TMP04FT9Z
- Current Draw: Maximum draw approx. 350mA
FocusLynx Controller (#19690)
- Length: 5.1" (130mm)
- Width: 3.2" (81mm)
- Height: 1.0" (27mm)
- Weight: 9.8 oz (280 g)
- Connectivity: USB/Serial, Ethernet, and WiFi
- Hand Control: Optional
- WiFi Connection: Optional
- Second Stepper: Optional
- Input Power: 12VDC univeral power supply (110 to 230VAC input)
- Software Drivers: ASCOM local server, X2 native drivers for TheSky X
- TEC APO110ED Large Focuser
- TEC APO140ED Large Focuser
- TEC APO160FL Large Focuser
- TEC APO180FL Large Focuser
- TEC APO250VT Large Focuser
Note that the DirectSync TEC depends upon the left side mounting holes being present on the TEC Large Focuser. If not available, these mounting holes can be drilled and tapped by a competent machinist. Contact Optec for details.
Additional Details and Resources:
Link to TEC website: Telescope Engineering Company
Additional Product Views: