FocusLynx Dual-Focus Controller
#19690 - FocusLynx Control Hub
Optec's FocusLynx Controller has years of field experience with multiple connection methods. Capable of operating two focusers simultaneously and full ASCOM compliance, FocusLynx is the most advanced focus controller available.
Multiple Ways to Connect
The FocusLynx Control Hub acts as the central controller to link one or two focusers to any control PC. The hub includes communication ports for Serial and USB (using Optec's USB/Serial cable) and wired Ethernet Network protocols as standard. An optional WiFi board and antenna can be added and installed at any time. Focuser 1 and Focuser 2 ports are available at the top of the FocusLynx hub with 12VDC Power, Network, optional Hand Control, and Serial connection ports available at the bottom. An optional aluminum mounting plate makes it easy to mount the FocusLynx Hub to any telescope pier or mount.
Multiple Software Clients
Following the ASCOM Local Server model Optec's FocusLynx Commander software allows multiple clients to connect simultaneously to the FocusLynx hub. Additionally, embedded webservers in the wired Ethernet and WiFi connections allow FocusLynx to generate a control interface accessible through any web browser or smartphone. Because this page is generated and displayed by the hub itself, once you are connected, there is no further configuration required: just attach your focusers and go!
Multiple Focusers to Control
The FocusLynx Control Hub can be used with a variety of focusers and focus motor add-ons. Sold as part of the TCF-Lynx, TCF-Lynx3, and FastFocus focuser packages, FocusLynx can be configured as a true absolute focus controller. Using Optec's DirectSync, QuickSync or Starlight Instrument's Handy Stepper Motor, FocusLynx can also control the TEC, FeatherTouch, Stellarvue, and other manual focusers with step counting circuitry to function as an ASCOM absolute focuser. Special cables can be used to control most unipolar motors including the MicroTouch and Robo-Focus motors. The optional second stepper daughter board allows use of the Focuser 2 port to control a second focuser of any type.
Multiple Options Available
Each FocusLynx package comes complete with everything needed to connect. An optional Hand Control, WiFi add-on board, second stepper controller, mounting plate, precision external temperature probe, and motor-specific cables round out a complete integrated package.
Contact Optec Sales for a system specifically configured for your telescope rig or observatory.
FocusLynx Controller Specifications
- Stepper Motor Control: bipolar and unipolar stepper motors,
- Resolution: 16-bit controller with 65,535 step range per focuser,
- PC Connectivity: USB/Serial, Ethernet, or optional 802.11 WiFi,
- Hand Control: Optional 2-button with Digital Read-Out,
- WiFi Connection: Optional 802.11b/g compatible,
- Second Stepper: Optional plug-in daughter board,
- Input Power: 12VDC univeral power supply (110 to 230VAC input),
- Alternative Power: Field battery voltage (13.8VDC) with optional automotive cigarette lighter plug,
- Software Drivers: ASCOM local server, X2 native drivers for TheSky X
- Length: 5.1" (130mm)
- Width: 3.2" (81mm)
- Height: 1.0" (27mm)
- Weight: 10 oz (285 g)
- Mounting Holes: Four 4-40 x 1/8" depth (reverse side)
- Case Material: 6061 aluminum, anodized black.
FocusLynx Port Connections:
- Focuser 1: RJ45 socket for standard Cat-5e/Cat-6 to focuser,
- Focuser 2: Optional second stepper board for RJ45 socket,
- Power: 12VDC input, 2.5 x 5.5mm plug, center pin positive,
- Network: Standard RJ45 Ethernet socket,
- Hand Controller: RJ22 socket for standard telephone handset cord,
- Serial: RJ12 socket for Optec USB/Serial cable (included).
How to Order:
- FocusLynx Control Hub,
- Optec USB/Serial communications cable, 6-ft. length,
- CAT-5e/CAT-6 Ethernet cable, 6-ft. length,
- 12VDC 1.25A power supply - 110-240VAC input,
- UL/CSA compliant wall plug cord,
- Optec Software and Driver CD.