FastFocus for Celestron C14
#19714 - C-14 Secondary Mirror Focusing System
Optec's FastFocus Secondary Mirror Focusing System with FocusLynx Controller has proven itself to be a singularly unique solution to the limited back-focus of the Celestron EdgeHD telescopes. With the FastFocus system in place, any Fastar compatible Celestron OTA can function like many professional telescopes where only the secondary mirror moves to adjust the focus. The primary mirror and entire imaging train can be locked in place avoiding flexure and tilt at the image plane.
Multiple Ways to Connect
The FocusLynx Control Hub acts as the central controller to link the FastFocus to any control PC. The hub includes communication ports for Serial and USB (using Optec's USB/Serial cable) and wired Ethernet Network protocols as standard. An optional WiFi board and antenna can be added and installed at any time. Focuser 1 and an optional Focuser 2 port are available at the top of the FocusLynx hub with 12VDC Power, Network, optional Hand Control, and Serial connection ports available at the bottom. An optional aluminum mounting plate makes it easy to mount the FocusLynx Hub to any telescope pier or mount.
Using the ASCOM Local Server model, Optec's FocusLynx Commander software allows multiple clients to connect simultaneously to the FocusLynx hub. Additionally, embedded webservers in the wired Ethernet and WiFi connections enable FocusLynx to generate a control interface accessible through any web browser or smartphone. Free Android and iPhone applications search the local network and load the interactive webpages. Because these pages are generated by the hub itself, once you are connected, there is no further configuration required: just connect to your focusers and enjoy remote wireless focus control with the optional 802.11 WiFi add-on.
Easy Installation with Fastar Compatibility
For older older Celestron OTA's special retrofit kits are available to make them Fastar and FastFocus compatible. Contact Optec Sales for additional details.
|Download the FastFocus Installation Instructions pdf.|
FastFocus C14 SMFS Focuser
- Mounting: Fits Celestron C-14 and EdgeHD C1400 OTA with Fastar capability
- Collimation: Integrated push-pull mechanism with six #10-32 socket caps
- Linear bearings: four 0.25" bore 3/4" closed circuit linear ball bearings
- Lead screw: 1/4-20 tpi x 2-inch length
- Motor: NPM 25mm flanged motor with 25:1 gearhead
- Step Size: 7.8 micro inch (0.197micron)
- Total Steps: 44800 steps
- Total Travel: 0.350 inches (8.9mm) for secondary mirror
- Net effective focal travel: approx. 8 inches at focal plane
- Height: 2.75 in. (70mm)
- Weight: 1 lb. 10 oz. (740 g)
FocusLynx Controller (#19690)
- Length: 5.1" (130mm)
- Width: 3.2" (81mm)
- Height: 1.0" (27mm)
- Weight: 9.8 oz. (280 g)
- Connectivity: USB/Serial, Ethernet, and WiFi
- Hand Control: Optional
- WiFi Connection: Optional
- Second Stepper: Optional
- Input Power: 12VDC universal power supply (110 to 230VAC input)
- Software Drivers: ASCOM local server, X2 native drivers for TheSky X
Each FocusLynx package comes complete with everything needed to connect. An optional Hand Control, WiFi add-on board, second stepper controller, mounting plate, precision external temperature probe, and motor-specific cables round out a complete integrated package.
Contact Optec Sales for additional information.
Visit the FocusLynx Software Downloads Page for the latest updates and ASCOM driver, FocusLynx Commander control software and additional resources.
FocusLynx Commander creates an ASCOM Local Server or hub to allow multiple clients access for communication and control of the attached focusers. By using the local server model, FocusLynx offers an easily configurable user experience for all Windows ASCOM programs.
FastFocus works very well with FocusMax and other auto-focus software such as TheSky's @Focus2 and Optec's new FocusLock software.
How to Order:
- FastFocus C-14 SMFS Focuser,
- FocusLynx control hub with power supply and cables,
- 5/32" Ball driver for 10-32 collimation screws.