Alnitak Remote Dust Cover
Automated Dust Covers for Remote Installations
Building on the success of the Alnitak Astrosystems Flip-Flat, Optec has designed two new products: a robotic Dust Cover for larger OTA's in remote locations, and the Flip-Mask, remotely controlled Bahtinov Mask.
A number of our customers have asked that we offer the Remote Dust Cover as a simple solution for remote observatories in dusty environments. With this new device and proven Alnitak software, automated scripting programs such as ACP, CCD Autopilot, and Maxim D/L can be configured to automatically open the telescope dust cover at the beginning of the evening and close it again in the morning.
We are now accepting orders for delivery from stock. Dust covers will be cut to the customer's specification - up to 24" in diameter. Call or email Optec for additional details.
- Dust Cover Diameter: Customer Request - up to 24" (60 cm),
- Control Box Dimensions: 2.25" x 3.15" x 4.2" (57 x 80 x 106mm)
- Weight: Approximately 1.1 lb. (0.5 kg)
- Lamp Pivot Arm: 6.1" (155mm) length
- Range of Pivot Arm: 95-degrees,
- Power requirements: 5VDC provided by USB interface,
- Alnitak Software Compatiblity: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8.
- Command Line Program: AACmd.exe
How to Order:
The #19075 Remote Dust Cover package includes the motor controller, cover arm, OTA bracket, industrial zip straps to attach to OTA dew shield, USB cable, and software. Cover diameter must be specified when ordering. Contact Optec Sales when placing order.