Alnitak Astrosystems Flip-Mask
Remotely Controlled Bahtinov Mask
Building on the success of the Alnitak Astrosystems Flip-Flat, Optec has designed two new products: a robotic Remote Dust Cover for larger OTA's in remote locations, and the Flip-Mask, remotely controlled Bahtinov Mask.
A number of our customers have asked that we offer a way to introduce a diffraction mask into the light path for remote observatories. Our solution is the Flip-Mask. With this new device and proven Alnitak software, automated scripting programs such as ACP, CCD Autopilot, and Maxim D/L can be configured to automatically position a custom size Bahtinov Mask for precision focusing, then remotely move it out of the path once focus is achieved and verified.
Optec masks are precision cut on our in-house laser engraving /cutting machine up to 12-inches in diameter. Contact Optec Sales if you have a different preferred diffraction mask or wish to adapt a mask you already own. Some weight limitations may apply.
We are now accepting orders for delivery from stock. Bahtinov Masks will be made to match the customer's OTA- up to 12-inch diameter. Call or email Optec for additional details and shipping information.
- Bahtinov Mask Diameter: Customer Request - up to 12" (30 cm)
- Control Box Dimensions: 2.25" x 3.15" x 4.2" (57 x 80 x 106mm)
- Weight: Approximately 1.1 lb. (0.5 kg)
- Lamp Pivot Arm: 6.1" (155mm) length
- Range of Pivot Arm: 95-degrees,
- Power requirements: 5VDC provided by USB interface,
- Alnitak Software Compatiblity: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8.
- Command Line Program: AACmd.exe
How to Order:
The #19070 Alnitak Flip-Mask package includes a custom Bahtinov Mask (customer specified), motor controller box with mask arm, OTA bracket, industrial zip straps to attach to OTA dew shield, USB cable, and software. Intended OTA for the Bahtinov Mask must be specified when ordering. Contact Optec Sales when placing order.